Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Meatloaf

Mom's Meatloaf





My son recently told me he loves my meatloaf more than any other meatloaf in the world. Awww.

The most important tip: Do not forget to put the ketchup squiggles on top!

2 lbs. hamburger
2 eggs
1/2 c. ketchup
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. dried parsley
1 t. dried oregano
1 cup grated carrot
2/3 cup breadcrumbs

All measurements are approximate! You can mix by hand or in a stand mixer.

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix hamburger and wet ingredients together. Add spices and carrot and mix. Add breadcrumbs some at a time and mix until mixture is no longer goopy. Form into a loaf in a baking pan. Squirt squiggles of ketchup on the top. Bake for about an hour. Slice and serve with more ketchup.

It's easy to cut proportions in half to make a smaller loaf. Shorten baking time a little.


1 comment:

  1. My favorite recipe is from America's Test kitchen (with a couple of tweaks.) I have a pack of meat loaf mix (50/50 beef and pork) in the freezer. Guess I'd better thaw it out!

    ReplyDelete